Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My who is about 8 years old, is shaking uncontrollably and

Customer Question

my ***** ***** who is about 8 years old, is shaking uncontrollably and panting but dry dry dry. He will not drink, his body is hard as a rock. He looks around with crazy eyes. This started about 8 pm tonight. This dog sleeps with us every night of his life and tonight he was outside in the shed under a table at 10pm. He will let us pick him up but is not crying or making any kind of noise. This is a ball chasing little sucker! but right now I am convinced he isn't gonna make it till morning. Any idea what could be wrong with my dog?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question about Nellie. I need to ask some questions about this situation. What specific type of hand lotion was this? Was it a medicated one? Does she have a more sensitive stomach?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My dogs name is***** no lotion was involved. His tongue is hanging out his mouth a mile and is very dry. He will not drink water or eat anything. His stomach is very hard, his whole little body is shaking uncontrollably

I'm very sorry about my initial response, that was intended for another question. Somehow the responses got crossed. The shaking that he's doing at this time, is it full body? Can he interact with you in a recognizable manner? Could he have gotten into any medications or chemicals? Do you have a pet ER facility in the area?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
full body, he will come and sit by me but doesn't want my husband at all. He will come when I sit and coax him to me he will stay by me for a while. We can't think of any medication or chemicals he could of gotten into. We have doggie doors on the house and garage so our doge come and go as they please. Our other dog is fine.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
We do not have access to 24 hour vet, due to small town and country.

I'm very sorry I have to opt out at this time. I've had a couple critical cases come in at my ER and I have to attend to them.