Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM
27344366

My dog was diag with SLE about 3 months ago shes a 2 yr old

Customer Question

my dog was diag with SLE about 3 months ago shes a 2 yr old heeler mix, shes currently titra down on prednisone at 7.5 mg x2 daily, shes been having urine leakage to full blown bladder clearing for several weeks now, ive spoken to my vet and recc proin, im not sure if its a great fit for her and im interested in alternative and methods to observe and manage the proin side effects
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?
Customer: oakley
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about oakley?
Customer: she was a shelter rescue with limited medical history
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
leakage and clearing happen while sleeping mild to deep sleep
Expert:  Dr B replied 7 months ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you......I would recommend using Incurin which is a safe estrogen that is labeled for dogs and works really well for this problem and will not cause any problems with the Prednisone.....I like it much better than Proin.....I hope this helps....

do you have any additional questions or concerns?

Expert:  Dr B replied 7 months ago.

I will be checking my computer every night so if you have more questions please let me know. Sincerely, DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much. DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 7 months ago.

Please let me know if you need additional help. If not, I would appreciate a rating. Thank you very much! DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr B