How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. John Your Own Question
Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 5035
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My yorkie just ate a grape. I called the emergency vet

Customer Question

My yorkie just ate a grape. I called the emergency vet service and they said it was fine, but the research I've done online says that 1 grape can be toxic.
Submitted: 4 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Erin Williams replied 4 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** and I have over 13 years of experience in the veterinary field. I am here to answer any questions you might have.

Expert:  Erin Williams replied 4 months ago.

Different dogs have different sensitivity to grapes and their toxins. Some dogs are highly sensitive to even one grape, and some are fine.

Expert:  Erin Williams replied 4 months ago.

I will typically recommend to my clients that we try to induce vomiting to remove the grape, before it even has a change to cause a problem

Expert:  Erin Williams replied 4 months ago.

You can try to induce vomiting at home. What is your puppies name? And how much do they weigh?