Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

She has an enlarged spleen and she just threw up and every

Customer Question

She has an enlarged spleen and she just threw up and every now and then she jumps like she has a sharp pain
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: I made her some chicken, chic***** *****ver,carrot, and celery because she was not eating
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sophie age 6
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Sophie?
Customer: She is on antibiotic for urinary infection and her stomach is rather large do to spleen
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

Has her vet ever diagnosed a mass on the spleen?

What treatments is she on? Which antibiotic?

Can she keep water down?

Are her gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on her belly, does she have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?

Could she have eaten anything she should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, human meds, etc)?

Any diarrhea?