Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Georgie has been looking very skinny. He eats the same

Customer Question

JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: Georgie has been looking very skinny. He eats the same amount of food he always had but his ribs are showing. He also has had this wheezing hacking cough the last few days and today the last 2 days also throwing up
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: No. Not that I saw. His throw up was his food. He is also old
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: I treated a cancerous tumor on his foot last year with a black salve from the vet and it is coming back and I am wondering if it has anything to do with it.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: He is also makes a lot of noise kind of like a person in pain. Like is his grunting when moving and sometimes laying down. His name is ***** ***** year old yorkie
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner. If you would still like assistance, can you tell me:

How long have you noticed the weight loss?

Any diarrhea?

Has he been drinking more? Passing more urine?

Are his gums nice and pink (not white/pale)? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any tensing, tenderness, discomfort, or pain?