Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

3 week old boston terrier puppy looks like it is wall-eyed.

Customer Question

3 week old boston terrier puppy looks like it is wall-eyed. breeder says pup will grow out of it.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the boston terrier's name?
Customer: Not named yet.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about yet?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I attached photo
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
second photo
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your situation, and wanted to help.

Now the condition you are seeing is what we call Strabismus. It is a condition that is genetically inherited in the Boston Terrier breed. Some dogs will grow out of it by a year of age, but others won't. As well, there is always a risk that the strabismus is secondary to an eye or neurological issue. Therefore, with this all in mind, it would be ideal to have this pup checked by your local vet or on that specializes in eyes. That way you can make sure this is just genetic before you adopt this pup and whether it is likely that he will grow out of it. Of course, if this is just found to be a genetic trait and he doesn't outgrow it, it rarely impacts quality of life and is just a cosmetic issue.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.
Hi M,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.