Dr Scott Nimmo, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog ate a 1 mg lunesta he weighs about 8 lbs, Rigley

Customer Question

My dog ate a 1 mg lunesta he weighs about 8 lbs
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Rigley about 1 year old
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Rigley
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Rigley?
Customer: He is up to date and current on all shots
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr Scott. Welcome to JustAnswer, I am working on your answer now, you can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes

Hello again

I have worked out a reply for you below.

1. You have a very small dog and this drug is not normally used in dogs and so it's effects uncertain, you would be best to induce vomiting to recover this pill just in case. If you can do this within the first hour after ingestion { Two hours at the absolute outside } then things should be OK. For the sake of speed I will give you a link on how to do this best : LINK

{ Also be aware that an ER vet will be able to quickly induce vomiting with prescription drugs }

2. However you will still need to monitor him for any odd symptoms and of course call your vet if you have the slightest concern. Look out for symptoms such as : vomiting, diarrhea, agitation, restlessness / or lethargy. But I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me if your dog's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further.

Regards,

Dr Scott
Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

Hello again,

I am just checking back in to see how Rigley is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Lunesta incident ...

Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.

Regards,

Dr Scott

Please be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?