Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Dachshund vomited up food this morning. Have small amount of

Customer Question

Dachshund vomited up food this morning. Have small amount of food...vomited again. Acting normal playing and normal stoll. Tolerated ice and water all day but when given food tonight vomited again.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dachshund eat anything unusual?
Customer: Unsure. He returned from being boarded forv5 days
JA: What is the dachshund's name?
Customer: Louie
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Louie?
Customer: 10 years old. Had a slight rash on stomach when we picked him up
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 6 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Did he just return from boarding yesterday?

Did you bring his own food for him to eat when he was kenneled?