Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

Please tell me what I should do, I just got a new husky

Customer Question

Please tell me what I should do
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What seems to be the problem with the dog?
Customer: I just got a new husky puppy. 9 weeks old. She has had bad diahrreaa since I got her and she won't eat any food or treats. Just drinks water and is too tired to play. She has thrown up twice this morning just water because that's all she'll have. Her shot records show her first round of shots but I bought her from a kind of sketchy breeder and the records are all in Spanish... So I wonder if she even was vaccinated for Parvo and all the other bad stuff
JA: This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the puppy?
Customer: No. I'm sure there's worms or something in her belly making her loser her appetite and have loose stool My question is that I have a appointment for her tomorrow at 1130 but I wanna make sure she's okay. Can I wait or do u think she needs retention now
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  petdrz replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Dr Z. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with a reply ASAP.

Expert:  petdrz replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you and your pet today. I am a licensed veterinarian with over 30 years of experience and would be happy work with you but need a bit more information in order to better assist you if you don't mind.

How long have you had her?

Can you look at her gums and tell me if they are nice and pink and if the color comes back quickly when you press on them? Are they wet or tacky to the touch?

Thanks and I will respond further after you reply. There may be a slight delay while I formulate and type a thorough response or I may be offline, but if so, I will respond as soon as I am able.