Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM

My 10 month old puppy ingested cat food 24 hours ago and has

Customer Question

My 10 month old puppy ingested cat food 24 hours ago and has not had a solid bowel movement and is now not holding down food or water, what should I do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you with this. It is possible that the cat food started this but there could also be something else going viral infections or foreign body ingestion. For a 10 month old puppy that is not holding down food and water you are going to have to see and ER doc today. Your puppy needs a complete bloodwork panel, perhaps a parvo test and also some radiographs of his abdomen. If you would like help finding ER Doc in your area, I can help. Sincerely, DRB

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He started not having solid movements after ingesting it. I've kept a close eye on him since yesterday and he so far only got sick twice. All of his shots are to date. Not sure if that helps narrow down more what could be wrong?
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

Maybe, but it still unfortunately does not rule out viral, just makes it less likely and it definitely does not rule out foreign body.

I would still take him in and let a vet check him out and at least administer something to stop the vomiting and some fluids.

I hope this helps but let me know if you need additional help. Sincerely, DRB