jadedangel57, owner
Experience:  breeder/ vet assistant.

I have an english bulldog about 3.5 years old and he started

Customer Question

Hello I have an english bulldog about 3.5 years old and he started walking towards his right side instead of walking straight. He just started to do this a little while ago he's been eating and drinking normally and playing normally doesnt tilt his head
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: ears look fine no sign of infections no wounds or pebbles on his toes no sign of pain if i squeeze his paws or joints
JA: What is the bulldog's name?
Customer: Mack No sign of pain when he runs after his ball - he just moves to the right
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Mack?
Customer: no thats pretty much it... not throwing up not falling sits fine listens to commands
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  jadedangel57 replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Jane. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will be back in touch with you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
After looking more at him seems to have something wrong with is back right leg he's not putting much weight. But doesn't show any pain when I squeese up and down his leg

Normally when a dog starts walking in the manner you describe, it is often a problem with the vestibular system. You indicate no falling over or tilting of the head so the whole vestibular system may not be affected. I would then suspect an inner ear infection on that side or a possible growth. Unfortunately, only your vet can determine if an ear infection or growth is present and x-rays or other imaging will need to be done to rule out a growth affecting the system.

A stroke can also cause similar symptoms. I'll go ahead and give you information on vestibular disease as well as information on ear infections and strokes.

Stroke information is found here:

Inner ear infection information can be found here:

I hope this information is helpful to you. If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to press the reply to expert or continue conversation button so I can address any issues you still have . If you do find this helpful, please take this opportunity to rate my answer positively so I am compensated for my time.