DrEaston2010
DrEaston2010,
94625445

My dog isn't eating and shivering like he's cold? He did get

Customer Question

My dog isn't eating and shivering like he's cold? He did get into my feminine products, but has been passing them. Could it be that?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrEaston2010 replied 9 months ago.

Hi Michelle,

It is my pleasure to help you today. My name is***** and I am a clinical pharmacist and part of my specialty is veterinary medicine. Sometimes shivering is the sign of a fever as a human or animal's body is trying to cool off making him or her cold. Have you done anything to try and warm him up? Also is he peeing and pooping like normal?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi there :) Thanks for the quick response. I did wrap a blanket around him and that seemed to help. He is playing ok with my other dog and otherwise normal. A little more mellow. He popped and pee'd fine this morning.

Those are definitely good signs. It sounds as if he is feeling pretty good. He may have a little bit of a stomach virus. Is there something that he normally loves to eat such as a certain item of people food or a certain dog treat?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
He likes these biscuits I get from Costco

Have you tried giving him some of the biscuits and seeing if he will eat them?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No, but I will do that now

Ok let me know =) Also you might try giving him some meat like bacon also. It is hard for dogs and people to resist bacon.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Bacon, that's a good idea and so true! Haha he is eating the buiscuit just slowly

Perhaps he is savoring the taste. What can I say maybe you have a furry 4 legged chef in the house.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
maybe! Haha I'll check back if he gets any worse. Thanks for your help!

No problem. I am available anytime for anything you need. Please feel free to always rate us so that we can be the best at what we do. Have a good day and give your little guy a hug for me.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you so much and I absolutely will rate you. I'll give him extra hugs, he never argues that :-)

You are more than welcome. I am a huge dog lover and there is nothing better than having a best friend with 4 legs.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
They are the best! Couldn't imagine with life without them :) He is eating wet food only, but still won't touch his dry food