Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

For the last few weeks, my dog, a 5 year old coton, has been

Customer Question

For the last few weeks, my dog, a 5 year old coton, has been throwing up periodically. I thought that it was something she ate so I kept limiting the types of people food my husband and kids were feeding her. Then it appeared that it may be the Milkbone snacks that I was giving her. She loves her dog food but would not eat it when her stomach was upset. I did mix rice with it on occasion to help settle her stomach. Yesterday, I made sure that she was not fed anything other than her dog food and a bite of peanut butter. This morning she was eating grass and had runny stool and a little blood in it. Her gums don't appear to be dry and sticky. I am curious if I should run her to the vet - it would have to be the emergency vet which will cost and arm and a leg. Otherwise, can I just watch it and wait until Tuesday when the vet opens.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: no she is normally a happy dog. She isn't really lethargic cause she was running around outside when I was walking her. how much does this cost?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has it been since the last time she vomited?

2- Any other symptoms?

3- Any pre existing medical conditions?

4- Is she on any medications?