Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

I'm camping and my elderly chocolate lab over did it

Customer Question

I'm camping and my elderly chocolate lab over did it yesterday. Now she is in pain and shivering on the trailer floor and it seems she is having trouble with her back end. Keep in mind she had reconstructive knee surgery 3 years ago.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: her name is JJ
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about JJ?
Customer: All I have here is Tylenol 3's, can I give her one
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She is whining and shivering
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today

Poor JJ!

If you only have Tylenol with codeine, then this cannot be given to her. The only dog safe OTC human pain relief option that can be used is buffered Aspirin (More Info/Dose HERE). So, you will need to obtain this from your local store. Otherwise, if this isn't enough for her (its mild pain relief at best for dogs) or you cannot get this, then she would need to be seen by a local vet so that a strong dog safe option can be dispensed to help give her relief from this severe discomfort.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. B.