Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

My dog was having lots of flea issue which finally cleared

Customer Question

My dog was having lots of flea issue which finally cleared with a vet pill. I was giving him a good bath tonight and the bath turned long after many grey soft circular things would fall off him. They are rolled up and flat are an inch or less. Don't know what they are.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Now if you were able to post a photo (using the paperclip icon here or on any other site and then pasting the link here), that would be ideal. Still based on your description, this just sounds like he may have started sloughing the scaly skin overgrowths we can see when the skin has secondary bacterial infection. These are called collarettes and as long as there are no sores left in their wake, then this is no worry. We'd just want to remove those, salt water bathe any remaining ones or sores, and the skin should settle without any issue.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )