Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

Our puppy is 9 weeks old and had a very very bad tummy and

Customer Question

Our puppy is 9 weeks old and had a very very bad tummy and watery stools they have put her on metronidazole now she's lethargic and lost her appetite
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Olive
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Olive?
Customer: No she's 9 weeks old
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 1 month ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. Sorry Olive is so sick. What type of puppy is she? Metronidazole is a very good antibiotic for diarrhea. It is not typical for them to become anorexic with it. Is she eating anything at all? Have you tried bland food, such as chicken and white rice?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi she is a French bull dog all wormed and vaccinated correctly, she has just eaten chicken but she is very lethargic and not at all playful? Just wants to sit or sleep is this common?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
He is also shivery?

I apologize for the delay in response. I lost my internet connection for about an hour. Because he is shivering, I recommend that you check his rectal temperature. He may have a fever. Normal dog temperature is 99.9 to 102.9

Also, did they run a fecal or do a parvo virus test at your veterinary appointment?