Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

His bottom underneath the tail is pushing out wars and he

Customer Question

His bottom underneath the tail is pushing out wars and he keeps his tail tight between his legs.He is in pain because he walks in circles not wanting wanting to sit down. He shakes and pants alot and doesn't want to be near anyone. We took him to one vet and they said his knees are probably out of place so that gave us pain killers. 2days layer we took him to another vet who said it calcium on his spine so they gave us pain pills . Said he would be on them for the rest of his life. .Do either of these diagnosis sound correct to you? When we look at him you can see that his tail looks to be broken and the anal area all around the hole is sticking out.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: No There is no wound on the foot.
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: Nutsak He is a 3 yr old reindeer chihuahua
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Nutsak He?
Customer: YES HE IS A BOY.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Do you mean that his rectal tissue if protruding? Or does he have lumps/swelling around the rectum?

Has he been straining? Any issues passing stool?

What tests did his vets do to reach those diagnoses?

Has he been castrated?

Can you take a photo of this to let me see what you are seeing? To post a photo, you can use the paper clip on the tool bar. Or if you cannot see that on your phone/computer, then you can post them on any site (ie Flickr, Photobucket, Imgr etc) and paste the web address here for me to have a peek.