Dr B
Dr B, Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM

I have a Yorky that has a benign cyst on her back that just

Customer Question

I have a Yorky that has a benign cyst on her back that just exploded and is bleeding but not too much what should I do
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

HI this is DRB and I would be happy to help you.....this is likely a sebaceous cyst. I would recommend that you get a cool moist paper towel and hold it over the cyst for 10 minutes. That should stop the bleeding.....You will need to see a vet after holiday weekend and have it taken off and have your dog get on antibiotics. I hope this helps but if you need anything else or have other questions, let me know. Sincerely,DRB

Please hit rate my service as that is the only way I am compensated. A positive rating will not close this question and I am more than happy to answer any follow up questions that you have.

Please remember my answers do not replace or supersede the advice of your veterinarian as my answers do not create a valid client patient relationship as I am unable to examine your pet. Thank you very much. DRB

Expert:  Dr B replied 1 month ago.

Pauline, please let me know if you need additional help as I would be happy to answer any follow up questions. Sincerely, DRB