Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 7 month old German Shepherd Puppy is sometimes car sick.

Customer Question

My 7 month old German Shepherd Puppy is sometimes car sick. I noticed today that he threw up undigested kibble 8 hours after eating. Should I be concerned?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: no, just the usual high quality large bread kibble, grain free. This has happened a couple of times before when in the car. I'm concerned that after 8 hours, I would expect food to be digested.
JA: OK. The Veterinarian will know what to do. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: a rescue dog that was confined and very low weight when we got it 3 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 3 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** Thank you for your question about this guy. What is his name? Did this vomit of the undigested kibble happen because of a car ride?