Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Continued from last post, I came home from work at 11:30pm,

Customer Question

Continued from last post, I came home from work at 11:30pm, (I work swingshift) and the dog was shaking, walking drunk, having trouble getting up, he was fine that morning when I left for work, so something happened between the 28th of Aug. and the 29th, he has been to the vets twice, and all his bloodwork is normal, ruled out arthritis, neurological problems, bloodwork shows no toxins, vets are stumped. I got a call from vet and was told to stop giving meds and see if he gets better, he has gotten a little better but still unsteady on his feet and his appetite has gone down, only eats half of his food, this has been going on since the 29th of Aug 2016
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 3 months ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Elaine, I'm unable to find a "last post" under your user name. It sounds as if jagger were intoxicated by a prescription or recreational drug, insecticide, or other chemical or perhaps you were seeing the post-ictal (post-seizure) signs of either a complex partial seizure (previously called petit mal and now also called psychomotor seizure) or general seizure (previously called gran mal). The symptoms of all of those possible differential etiologies should have abated by now, however, unless there is a neuropathy - in particular, encephalopathy (brain disorder). May I have an update on Jagger, please?

I regret that my state board of veterinary examiners doesn't allow me to speak to customers by phone in this venue but other experts in this category may be able to assist you in this regard. Please let me know if you'd like another expert to do so and I'll opt out of this conversation. Please stay in the conversation if you wish.