Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

We are babysitting for a 6.9 lb puppy who was prescribed 25

Customer Question

we are babysitting for a 6.9 lb puppy who was prescribed 25 mg of rivara. my daughter gave him his dosage and accidentally dropped the vial with the 3 remaining tablets of rovera. she thinks our 40 lb lab mix ate the 2 tablets, but there is a slim chance that the puppy ate them. if so, is the puppy in danger? he is on this medicine because he was neutered on monday.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the puppy will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the puppy?
Customer: no
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Are you giving the puppy an entire 25mg? If so, how often?

2- How long has it been since he took the additional medication?