Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I have taken Dr Salkin's advice to stop the vetoryl for the

Customer Question

I have taken Dr Salkin's advice to stop the vetoryl for the time being and continue with usual dosage of insulin - at what point should I put her back on vetoryl - if diarrhea stops?? My vet is off til Tues - a real bummer!
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: She seems happy and feeling good, tho has lost weight since this diarrhea episode.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Lili, probably about ten, she was a rescue - apparently had been part of a puppy mill and when she could no longer produce they kicked her out. She is eating baby food (chicken) and unsalted chicken broth - think I will keep her on this for awhile. Oh, and the vet mentioned giving her raw pumpkin which she loves - kinda surprised at that.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 1 month ago.

You're speaking to Dr. Michael Salkin. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm currently typing up my reply.

Marjorie, I wouldn't consider starting her up on the Vetoryl until her diarrhea stopped. Ideally, the cause of her diarrhea would have been determined and treated appropriately. By the way, pumpkin usually acts as a bulk laxative - the last thing Lili needs at this time.