Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

I have a small Pitbull 51 pounds and she ate a bunch of

Customer Question

I have a small Pitbull 51 pounds and she ate a bunch of jelly beans. She has been throwing up off and on for about 3 hours now and looks very bloated.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Gypsy 1yr and 3 months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Gypsy?
Customer: Not that I can think of she is a very healthy muscular girl.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

I am sorry Gypsy is not feeling well. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- Is she restless and uncomfortable?

2- Can you take a look at her gums and see if they are pink or pale?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She is very restless and will only sit for a few seconds at a time. Her gums look red and swollen.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Please give me a few minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Trying to upload a picture but can't get it to load
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Friend, I am a bit concern of the symptoms that you are describing in Gypsy. These symptoms are consistent with a bloat (GDV), this is a condition where the stomach becomes filled with air and eventually will twist, untreated it is usually fatal. Unfortunately, we are very limited as to what you can do at home. I would strongly recommend taking her to the nearest ER veterinarian, do not wait. I realize that this answer may not be to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter