Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My 6-year-old, regularly vaccinated Weimaraner who is

Customer Question

My 6-year-old, regularly vaccinated Weimaraner who is usually in great health had diarrhea (no blood) overnight and this morning has a fever 103. He does not come when called without a lot of encouragement and is walking gingerly as if his feet are in pain. There are no abrasions or signs of injury. He has labored breathing, is drooling slightly, and licking his lips. He refused his breakfast.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. John replied 3 months ago.

Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. I am not set up to do phone calls but would be happy to answer any questions you do have online. If you get a request for a phone call, it is from the website and not myself. In order to give an informative and concise answer, it may take a few minutes before I respond back to you, so don't be alarmed if you don't hear back immediately if you have responded back to me within 10 minutes of my response. I do have a couple more questions, though, to see if I can better assess your situation.

Did your vet run any blood work on him? If so, were there any abnormalities?

Did your vet put him on any medication?