Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

Kara. I just noticed my 2 1/2 year old made a wet spot

Customer Question

Hi Dr Kara. I just noticed my 2 1/2 year old made a wet spot through our converter onto our sheet. No smell or anything. Just a wet spot. What could this be?
Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I ment comforter
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello, I am afraid that the expert you have requested is not currently available. Still I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

In regards ***** ***** question, this does depend on the origin of the fluid. The most common ones would be saliva from drooling, mucus from the colon or anal glands, potentially mucus from the urinary tract or dilute/watery urine (if he has a bladder infection, urine crystal issues, etc). In this case, you will want to monitor Max's urination and defecation to see if there any abnormalities that can allow you to pinpoint where this is originating from. At the same time, we do want to make sure he hasn't any excess salivation as this can be a sign of nausea, oral discomfort, or even dental disease. Depending on your findings, this may be a one off, but if you do see loose stools or discomfort when urinating, then a check up would be ideal so his vet can determine the trigger for this and treat it for Max.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )