Christi Belew
Christi Belew, Veterinarian
Experience:  Medical Director at Union Hill Animal Hospital

5 year old Border Collie mix has lost appetite and is warm.

Customer Question

5 year old Border Collie mix has lost appetite and is warm. Nose is warm and dry. Has become lethargic in past several hours. No other symptoms or injuries. Definitely not normal. Suggestions?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Christi Belew replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I'd like to help you and Chloe. If the primary symptoms right now are the lost appetite and her body temperature being elevated, those are pretty vague and can be linked to a multitude of potential problems (ranging from very mild to more severe). At this point, you are fine to monitor her. If, at any point, she develops vomiting, excessive panting, her gums are pale, she has extreme lethargy (as in she won't even lift her head when you call her name), I'd take her to ER tonight. Otherwise, she should be fine to see your vet in the morning.

If I have answered your questions, please kindly rate me (this is how I am compensated for my time). If not, please reply back and I am happy to answer additional questions. Thank you.