Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

My dog as a tumor in his mouth that bleeds and just looking

Customer Question

My dog as a tumor in his mouth that bleeds and just looking for home remedies to stop the bleeding. He is treated by a vet and there is nothing they can do for him. They have run all kinds of tests and he is fine other than this tumor in his mouth
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: No. All test results have come back fine other than the tumor unfortunately.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about the tumor in your dog's mouth. Sadly, unless the tumor is removed, it will continue to grown and to bleed. Was your vet not able to remove it?

The Chinese herb Yunnan Baiyao, which you can find online and in some stores that carry Chinese medicines, can be helpful with bleeding tumors.

Your vet might make for you a dilute combination of epinephrine and sterile saline solution. It may help with bleeding episodes, just apply it to the bleeding area.

Sadly, this will get worse as the tumor enlarges. Is it not possible to remove it?

Let me know what other questions you have.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
They were going to try and remove. But he is 11 1/2 years old and I don't want to put him through the pain. It is quite large. But they have been monitoring him and tell me its about his quality of life. He is up every morning, eats as well as he is able, exercises, not problem with bathroom breaks. We have had xrays done to make sure no other tumors in lungs, and a blood test and urine/fecal test to make sure no problems with other organs. He is doing well in all aspects other than the tumor. But it is at the front of the mouth and they would have to remove part of his jaw.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

Sorry I was not online when you got back to me!

I can understand not wanting to put an older dog through this surgery, if it is so large.

Let me know if the Yunnan Baiyao helps; it has been used for decades to help control bleeding. If you have any other questions, let me know. Kindly consider rating my answer so the website knows I assisted you!

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I hope you were able to see my response; I have not heard back from you! How is he doing?

Please let me know if this was helpful and if you have any more questions I can answer.