Dr. Ellie
Dr. Ellie, Veterinarian
Experience:  emergency and critical care resident
95200773

We have a miniature Pomeranium who is very lathagic after a

Customer Question

We have a miniature Pomeranium who is very lathagic after a walk today!! Not sure if he has had a tick bite? He is really struggling walking!! He did eat half his dinner? Or is he just exhausted?
Regards,
Lyn
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
His tail is down, and a very dry nose!!
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Extreme importance!!
Expert:  Dr. Ellie replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that Shilo is not feeling well. Unfortunately, I think he is more than exhausted as even in exhaustion, I would expect that he would respond to you calling his name and asking to come to you. The arm nose does not mean anything as dogs can have warm noses and be fine but the decreased appetite and lethargy are worrisome. I think he should be seen by a vet as soon as you can get him in. If you are not near an emergency clinic, then taking him to his vet first thing in the morning is the best recommendation I can make at this time. You can check things like gum color (he should be nice and pink) and monitor his breathing (should be comfortable and not labored). If his gums are not pink and his breathing is labored, then you should take him to the closest emergency clinic tonight and not wait until tomorrow. Does this help to address your concerns tonight?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
His gums are plank and his breathing is normal
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry gums are plnk

If his gums are pink and he is breathing normal, then you can likely wait until your veterinarian is open and you can make an appointment but monitor him closely and if you are concerned in any way, a trip to the emergency vet is recommended. If your vet is open, I recommend calling them and letting them know what is going on with him so you can make an appointment to have him seen. If he is showing improvement, then you can continue to monitor him and see how he does over the next several hours. As long as he is improving you can wait a little longer but if he stops improving or becomes worse, he should be seen right way. Does this help?