Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.
11877925

Oh, I have a 10 mo old American Stafford shire Terrier that

Customer Question

oh hello
JA: Hi. What do you want help with?
Customer: I have a 10 mo old American Stafford shire Terrier that usually eats everything under her nose (she is on a raw diet). tonight when I fed her she seemed disinterested. Also, she is doing stinky sulfur burps. She threw up in the middle of the night, but ate breakfast and lunch.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the terrier will be able to digest that. What is the terrier's name and age?
Customer: Scylla 10 months
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Scylla?
Customer: she started a round of antibiotics because ...I think this is what happened.... other dog we have is fed Alpo in a can...can lid is popped opened and left on counter.... my OCD cat knocks it down...Scylla must have chomped on it,...she had gashes on her gums...never noticed one drop of blood, but about a week ago kept smelling something foul...couldn't tell if it was fur or breath...gave her a bath...now she smells good...next day came home from work...bad small again...took a flashlight and went over her entire body and noticed the infection....the infection NEVER slowed her down...she still was eating like miss piggy
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is***** am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear Scylla is not feeling herself. It sounds like she has an upset stomach.

Has she had any diarrhea?

Gashes on her gums should heal quickly.

You could try giving her some Pepcid AC (famotidine) for her losing her appetite, vomiting, and the burping.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

What antibiotics is she taking?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

If you want to try the Pepcid, the dose is 10 mg per 40 pounds body weight, twice daily.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry we did not connect. I will not be online much longer tonight. Let me know if I can answer any other of your questions.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She is taking amoxicillin.
I'm not sure about her stool as I haven't seen her go this evening. It seems like this morning when she went, it was soft but not too loose.
Where would I get Pepcid AC?I Keep losing my internet connection
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Do you mean the human Pepcid?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

Sorry I was not still online!

Yes, over the counter famotidine, Pepcid AC.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I have not heard back from you; how is she doing?

Let me know if this was helpful, and if you have any other questions I can answer.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My son took her to the vet she had an X-ray they saw nothing. They gave her a shot for nausea. She hasn't eaten for 2 days now.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear that. Is she drinking? She is in danger of dehydration if she is not eating.

Is she still vomiting?

If you check her gums, are they pink or pale?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Gums seem pink
No vomiting
Very lethargic
Seems like back legs are getting a little limited on mobility
Vet prescribed Clinbiotic which I haven't given her....I'm afraid to dispense any meds on an empty stomach
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

Good her gums are pink and that there is no vomiting. Is she drinking?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I'm not sure. I worked all day and went to church tonight. I just sent my son to get a syringe because I haven't seen her drink tonight
Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.

Sorry I went offline. How is she today?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 3 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

How is Scylla?

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I hope you were able to see my response. I have not heard back from you.

How is Scylla doing? Can I answer any more of your questions?