Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

My toy poodle has had a dry bad couch that sounds like she

Customer Question

My toy poodle has had a dry bad couch that sounds like she also congestive Wat can I give her Oct that would help she doesn't hzmavd a fever and she's eating and gkjnv bathroom fine and even still playful she's 15years in March I'm moving and can't afford a Dr visit at the moment can prolly get to a Dr within few weeks
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the toy poodle's name?
Customer: Poobear I'll call her poo poo
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your toy poodle?
Customer: She never been sick with the exception she blind in her left eye and can only see shadows and shapes out of her right and bout 3 years ago had to put her on antibotis for a tooth infection which they removed both bad teeth and cleaned the rest and was born with a heart mumor outside of that she's never ever been sick she is over weight
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Sarah Snow replied 1 month ago.

I am Dr. Snow, and I can try to assist you today. It sounds like Poobear is also congested if I am reading right. Congestion and cough can mean several different things, such as upper respiratory infection, allergies, or more seriously heart disease (I mention this because of the heart murmur.)

Is she having any difficulty breathing?

If the symptoms are due to allergies, sometimes using an antihistamine can help. How much does she weigh?