Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

Is the combination of vasotec 5mg, vet median 4mg, and

Customer Question

Is the combination of vasotec 5mg, vet median 4mg, and furosemide 20mg , all 2times daily, safe for a 22 pound minpin forever use. This dog documented with chf by ultrasound and labs. Pulmonary hypertension increasing.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian & I would like to help you with your wee one today.

As long as Duncan responds to the treatment, its fine to use as long as he needs it. All are safe for long term use, though we can see tolerance to Furosemide over time. Therefore, you do need to keep an eye on his breathing and make sure his vet listens to his lungs regularly to ensure this continues to pull fluid from them. If he does start to develop a tolerance, then they may need to adjust his dose, how often he is given it or even use another diuretic at the same time to keep him stable. Finally, if his pulmonary hypertension is worsening, then you may also want to speak to his vet about adjusting his Vasotec dose.

Please take care,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.
Hi Dian,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Duncan. How is everything going?

Dr. B.