Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience

I just noticed 5 areas on my dogs stomach, which had a black

Customer Question

I just noticed 5 areas on my dogs stomach, which had a black "thing" in the hole. I was able to scrape out the thing, and now he has a pin size hole. No bleeding. He has been scratching a lot.
Took him to vet 2 weeks ago, and he had flea bites that caused an allergic reaction. Vet also scrapef skin to look for parasites, which came back negative.
We were at my daughters house 3 weeks ago, and I know her dog has fleas.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: No, there is NO bleeding. Just wonder what the black things could be. I saved them and also took photos.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Amanda replied 1 month ago.

My name is***** and I am sorry to hear that your dog has a skin condition. Do you still have the photos? Can you include them in this thread so that I can see what is going on?

Dr. Amanda