Dr. Andy, Medical Director
Experience:  UC Davis graduate, emphasis in dermatology, internal medicine, pain management

I think he are a toad he is 2 wt 110lb and is foaming at the

Customer Question

I think he are a toad he is 2 wt 110lb and is foaming at the mouth
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is wrong with the dog?
Customer: my dog may have ate a toad and is foaming at the mouth. What can I do?
JA: The Veterinarian will know if may will be able to digest that. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about may?
Customer: He is a 110 pound rot shepard mix about 2 years old.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 month ago.

My name is***** am a UC Davis graduate, former Medical Director of a corporate practice, and currently a owner of a veterinary hospital.

Please remember to select, Reply to Expert, if for any reason youneed further clarification or have a follow up question. When finished, I greatly appreciate when you select a feedback rating to close the question for me.

I am currently working on my response to your question. It may take just a few minutes. Dr. Andy

Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 month ago.

Well, as you are discovering, some toads can be quite toxic to pets. Sometimes, it is just a issue of the toad tasting bitter, resulting in profuse drooling, but some of the species are quite toxic.

It is the secretions from the toad that are the concern.

Other symptoms of toxicity can include:
Weakness, Seizures, Fever, Vomiting, Diarrhea, and even heart rhythm problems.

So, this situation is well worth a emergency vet visit, especially because even if he didn't eat a toad, he clearly is in distress, and we can't manage his symptoms with at home therapy.

FYI: The Colorado River toad the Giant Toad are two of the most common poisonous toads in the U.S.

You can try rinsing the mouth some with a garden hose water.

You can also check for high ever by taking a rectal temperature using any digital thermometer.

Wish I could do more but hope that information helps

Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 month ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Expert:  Dr. Andy replied 1 month ago.

I hope everything is going okay?