Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

Dog punctured a fuel treatment bottle no ingestion but got

Customer Question

dog punctured a fuel treatment bottle no ingestion but got in mouth, starttron enzyme fuel treatment
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

I apologize no one has assisted you yet today. This can be quite caustic to the mouth, esophagus, stomach and lungs so hopefully you rinsed the mouth out thoroughly with water and there are no signs of coughing, retching, vomiting?

Continue to offer water to rinse out the mouth and upper gi tract and monitor the mouth for any sores. I would also begin pepcid (famotidine) 0.25 mg/ pound every 12 hours as a precaution and small frequent bland meals of white rice and lean boiled meat for 24-48 hours

If there are any symptoms I listed please consider a veterinary er today to treat symptomatically

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

I hope your dog is stable and having no issues after this episode...

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today

If the information I have provided was helpful I would be grateful if you would rate our chat at the top of the screen so I am compensated for my time. Thank you and best of luck to you both, truly!