Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

Her body is limp, There's nothing wrong with her feet her

Customer Question

Her body is limp
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Have you looked to see if there is a wound on their foot?
Customer: There's nothing wrong with her feet her entire body is limp and I can't wake her
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Divina and she'll be 6 months
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Divina?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Welcome! Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has this been going on?

2- Is she alert and responsive?

3- Did she get into anything?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This started last night I took her to the hospital but when we got there she started acting like her normal active self her vitals were good, but now she's sleeping and I can't wake her and I don't believe she got into anything
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

1- She has been like this since last night?

2- Is she breathing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
she is breathing
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

1- Can you take a look at her gums and see if they are pink or pale?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Please give me 5-10 minutes to type your answer. Thank you.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Friend, I am a bit concern of her being limp, I am sure you are too. In a puppy, common causes are: hypoglycemia (low blood sugar), toxicity, etc. Less likely this could be a sign of heart disease, neuromuscular disorders, etc. Unfortunately, we are very limited as to what you can do at home. I would recommend you rub 1 teaspoon of honey, karo syrup or pancake syrup directly into her mouth. I would strongly recommend taking her to nearest ER veterinarian for a hands on examination. Not much I can recommend for you to try at home that home, I am sorry. I realize that this answer may not be to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me were I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information. I hope you understand.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Peter