Dr. G.
Dr. G., Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  Private Practice Veterinarian
71397578

My dog licked wet sparkle off the wall. About one tablespoon

Customer Question

My dog licked wet sparkle off the wall. About one tablespoon of DAP High Performance Spackle Paste. He weighs about 12 lbs
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Sergio 18 mos MinPin
JA: How old is Sergio?
Customer: 18 mos
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Sergio?
Customer: No prior medical issues
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will try and help you as best as I can.

Please allow a few minutes for me to read your responses and for me to respond back.

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

I am sorry to hear Sergio did this. Unfortunately most dogs eat everything. How long ago did this happen?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
1 hour ago
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

And how is Sergio doing?

Any vomiting? Any lethargy? Did you feed him after he ate the spackle?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
He has not eaten. He seems normal.
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

I see. The biggest thing we worry about is an obstruction of the GI tract. A tablespoon is a pretty large amount of material for a dog that small. It may pass and not be a problem, however it could also cause an obstruction at some point. Inducing vomiting is not typically recommended as it can cause an obstruction of the esophagus, which is much worse than an obstruction in the stomach or intestine. What you should do at this point is one of two things: take him to a vet for an exam and x-rays to see how much was eaten and if it looks like there is an obstruction, or you can monitor at home and feed as if he were normal. If he is vomiting, then he needs to go to the vet for x-rays, otherwise if he is fine it will likely pass on its own.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

You are very welcome. I wish you both the best.

Have a wonderful night!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

I strive for 100% Customer Satisfaction. Please feel free to reply back to me if you need any further information or if you are unsatisfied with this chat. Otherwise, please accept this answer and leave positive feedback for this conversation. Thank you very much and have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

Hello again.

I noticed you have not accepted or rated this conversation yet and I wanted to see if there was anything else I could help you with.

Please feel free to reply back at your convenience and let me know if there is anything more I can do for you. Also, please feel free to leave positive feedback for this conversation at any time so we know you no longer require continuing this conversation. I wish both the best. Have a great day!

Expert:  Dr. G. replied 4 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. G.