Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

At about 10 am today, i was playing catch with Savannah, my

Customer Question

at about 10 am today, i was playing catch with Savannah, my Pomeranian. We were using a heavier ball then normal. she loves to try and catch every throw, one toss in the the air hit her in the head. she yelped, took a a few seconds to get her head straight and went back to playing. a little over an hour ago, she threw up clear gel like liquid, with some food and a piece of grass. from there the could not stand straight, seemed almost paralyzed, her eyes seemed off. i took in to the shower with me to cool her off (its 90 today) and she seems to be able to stand straight but looks very displeased, lethargic, and licking her lips repeatedly. I'm concerned if its the heat/dehydration or concussion. she is currently in her bed next to me head up on the side, eyes closed. heart rate seems elevated, breathing slightly faster, no panting and has a blanket overhear body. any thing that can be offered would be greatly appreciated.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 3 months ago.

Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today.

I'm sorry for this concern for Savannah. I have a few additional questions to ask about her first if you don't mind:

1. Can you tell me the color or her gums? Are they moist or dry?

2. Can you take her temperature?

3. When was the last time she ate anything?

4. Any more vomiting?

There may be a slight delay after I receive your answers since I have to type up a response to you. Thanks for your patience. Deb