How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Altman Your Own Question
Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Category: Dog Veterinary
Satisfied Customers: 12260
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
Type Your Dog Veterinary Question Here...
Dr. Altman is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My dog seems to be sick and I'm not sure if it's serious

Customer Question

Hi, my dog seems to be sick and I'm not sure if it's serious enough that I should bring her into the vet.... During the evening she coughed up/vomited a white fo***** *****quid 2-3 times. Then she seemed fine and we went to sleep. During the night, around 3-4am, she woke up. She vomited the foamy stuff a couple more times, then vomited actual food 3 times, then liquid 1-2 more times, then laid on the ground shaking. After about an hour or two she got back into bed and went to sleep. This morning she seems better, but is still sleeping and shaking a little.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about your dog?
Customer: She's from a shelter and they dont' know a lot about her. I just got her on Monday so it hasn't been very long and I don't know her super well.
Submitted: 10 months ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 10 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

First, congratulations on your new addition! I hope you have many happy years together :)

Thank you for the thorough history and yes I would advise a veterinary exam this morning, especially before the weekend and the potential for progression and a veterinary er visit. But if she is still somewhat lethargic and trembling (an indicator of pain) I would have her evaluated in hopes of controlling her symptoms and getting her comfortable sooner rather than later.

I just worry about this not resolving and you having to bring her to a veterinary er later in the day and having to pay a much higher price for the same services so if you can get into a regular veterinary clinic this morning that would be best to get your new addition comfortable.

Please let me know how else i can assist you both today

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 10 months ago.

I am glad to see you were able to view my responses earlier, I hope you were able to get your new addition in to a veterinary clinic today and would love an update when you are able...

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!