Dr. Peter
Dr. Peter, Veterinarian
Experience:  16 years of internal medicine, surgery, and preventive care.

My 85 lb put just got into wife's dresser and swallowed a

Customer Question

my 85 lb put bull just got into wife's dresser and swallowed a viibryd 40mg tablet. will she be ok?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: her name is ***** ***** she's about 7 or 8
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about abbey?
Customer: she's a healthy vibrant active happy but unfortunately curious and constantly snack seeking dog
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I'm Dr. Peter. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Hello again, Thanks for asking your question. My name is***** am a licensed veterinarian and I will be assisting you today. First I need to ask you a few questions so that I can be well informed and give you the best advice.

1- How long has it been since she took the tablet?

2- Do you have hydrogen peroxide 3%?

Expert:  Dr. Peter replied 1 month ago.

Friend, Viibryd is not a medication used in dogs, it can cause symptoms like: Vomiting, fast heart rate, tremors, seizures, diarrhea, etc. I would recommend you try to induce vomiting with hydrogen peroxide 3% if she took the tablet within the last 2 hours. If you see the tablet in the vomit then this will not be a problem. If you do not have hydrogen peroxide or she does not vomit I would take her to the nearest ER veterinarian, they can induce vomiting and begin supportive care.

To induce vomiting with hydrogen peroxide 3% this is what you do:

1- Give her 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide orally to induce vomiting.

2- Allow her to walk for a minute and move her belly to mix stomach content with peroxide. If she does not vomit within 5-10 minutes, repeat it again. Can give a total of 3 times 5-10 minutes apart.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service - I hope I've provided the information you were seeking, if you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me when you are done.