Kelly Hill
Kelly Hill, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  full time veterinarian at Tender Touch Veterinary Hospital
95569734

My dog is loosing weight not eating has worms coming from

Customer Question

My dog is loosing weight not eating has white worms coming from his butt. He is very weak and painful to touch him anywhere from the mid section to butt.any ideas
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Kelly Hill replied 10 months ago.

Hi this is Dr. Hill. At his age, there are a number of possibilities. The first thing is that if he has worms coming from his anus, then he has a large parasite load and needs to be dewormed. You should take a fecal to your local veterinarian so that you know what time of dewormer to give. The heavy parasite load could also explain the weight loss. In an older dog, pain can be associated with arthritis, inflammatory diseases and neoplasia. I recommend that you have a physical and have bloodwork to evaluate his general health. That is the most practical way to figure out how to diagnose him and then work on making him more comfortable. Feel free to ask additional questions. Take care.

Hi Sean,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Sean Chrisman. How is everything going?

Kelly Hill