Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

My dog is constipated and lethargic. he tries to make a

Customer Question

my dog is constipated and lethargic. he tries to make a bowel movement outside but is unable. he no longer walks around and needs to be carried
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help your dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: hiccup. 3 years old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about hiccup?
Customer: just that he's normally very active. always running around and playing iwth people. but lately he just lays down and ignores everyone and everything
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Christi Belew replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I am happy to help you and Hiccup. A few questions to better assess the situation.

1. When he tries to squat and go, does he pass any stool? I have many clients who think their pets are constipated, when they are actually having severe diarrhea.

2. Is he eating well?

3. When you lift his lip, are his gums pink?

Hello, I wanted to follow up regarding Hiccup, I did not receive any answers back.