Dr. Altman
Dr. Altman, Veterinarian
Experience:  Practicing small animal veterinarian for 17 years.
53976849

I think he are a could if cape lilac twigs,. Have got him to

Customer Question

I think he are a could if cape lilac twigs,. Have got him to vomit but not sure if
He had eaten them
Or
I hadn't hit them out
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Bertie 8 months spaniel
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Bertie?
Customer: Average weight
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. Altman replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer! I am Dr. Altman and happy to assist you both today!

Cape lilac berries are toxic to dogs (and people as well). In regards ***** ***** signs we would need to watch out for with Bertie, the most common will be GI upset (ie drooling, appetite loss, vomiting, belly pain, and diarrhea). Further to that, we can see lethargy and weakness and some dogs will develop a "drunken" or wobbly gait. With more severe intoxications, we can also see changes to their breathing, heart beat, tremors, collapse and seizures. All signs will tend to arise within a few hours of eating the berries (or any other part of the cape lilac).

In this situation, if you think she has had some, you did the right thing in inducing vomiting. If you aren't sure she has had a berry or twig you can continue monitoring her at this stage to see if any hint of the above signs develop (and if they do please have her seen by her vet for symptomatic treatment).

Please let me know how else I can assist you both today!

If you have more questions or if I can help in any other way, please do not hesitate to ask! If you would like to accept my answer, please press RATE OUR CONVERSATION at the top of your screen (I am not compensated in any other way). Bonuses are always welcome. Thanks!

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance to you both today!

If you are satisfied with our chat please rate or accept with the stars on the top of your screen so I may be compensated for my time. If you are having any difficulties you can also state your rating (excellent, good, fair) in our chat as an alternative. Thank you!