The active ingredient in these traps is Hydramethylnon, which is a trifluoromethyl aminohydrazone insecticide which is poorly absorbed orally by mammals, with greater than 95% being excreted unchanged in the stool. Hydramethylnon appears to be quite safe in mammals.
" (Sine, 1987; Kidd, 1991) In a 26-week study in dogs, doses of up to 3.0 mg/kg/day resulted in increased liver weights and increased liver:body weight ratios. No other effects were observable in either the structure of tissues examined, the chemistry and consistency of the blood, or the chemistry of other bodily fluids. In dogs, 6 mg/kg/day caused decreased food consumption, decreased weight gain and caused testicular atrophy in a 90-day feeding study. (EPA, 1995)".
The most common effects from ingesting this toxin are vomiting and gagging. It would only be necessary to induce vomiting if large amounts (greater than 0.5 ounces of bait per pound of body weight) were ingested. Eating part of the contents of one ant trap would not be enough to make your girl sick.
Methoprene is an insect juvenile hormone analog which interferes with development such that eggs laid by adults exposed to it don't hatch. It does not affect mammals.
If he just took a couple lick of the granules you don't need to do anything and he should be just fine.
Please let me know if you have any questions.