Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

I have a 3year old French Poodle that is constantly

Customer Question

Good morning I have a 3year old French Poodle that is constantly vomiting& our vet tell us it Gastritis & I think it might more than.Would a scan reveal what it actually is?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear you are worried about Titi. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian and will do my best to help.

There are many reasons for a dog to vomit: something they ate, an infection, internal organ disease (liver, kidney, pancreas), parasites. A scan should tell you if there is a blockage in the stomach or intestines, but won't tell you if there is infection, parasites, or internal organ disease.

Is he getting any medication for gastritis? How long has he been vomiting?

If medication is not helping, and he continues to vomit it might be time to start with an Xray and see what that shows. Let me know what other questions you have.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
He's been vomiting I think for more than a year already & I think what the vet was change the diet & I will ask my girlfriend who's walking him now if he's getting meds for that
Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

If it has been a year, I would do an Xray, and probably blood tests. It will help to know what he is eating, and if he is getting any medication, and if that is helping.

Expert:  Rebecca replied 2 months ago.

I hope you were able to see my response! How is Titi doing? Can I help with or answer any other questions?