Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

He's an English bulldog and seems to be doing fine now. He

Customer Question

He's an English bulldog and seems to be doing fine now. He is laying down like normal now but has been drooling excessively and was appearing uncomfortable for a while. It seems drool is still coming from his mouth. I gave him some green beans because he was acting hungry (as usual). He ate them normally. We went outside and he was able to poop and acting normal walking, but the drool is still there and of course I'm reading things on the Internet and am fearing the worse.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the English bulldog will be able to digest that. What is the English bulldog's name and age?
Customer: Augi 7
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Augi?
Customer: He went to vet recently for his annual and checked out great! All was good. I am wondering if it could be anxiety bc my husband came home on crutches yesterday and Augi seemed a little confused/worried.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but can you tell me:

Any gagging, retching, lip licking, drooling or vomiting?

Any sores, ulcers, blisters in his mouth? Any issues with his teeth?

Could he have eaten something he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?

Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?

If you press on his belly, does he have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
He actually seems to be ok now. I think we are going to take him in just in case though. I appreciate your apology in not getting a response but unfortunately I won't have time to back and forth because of time limits. I just feel at this point it would best to take him in. Thanks.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 3 months ago.

No worries, my dear.

I am glad to hear that he has settled and since none of my colleagues could aid you when you posted, I will send your question back to customer service.

Best wishes,

Dr. B.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you