Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

I think my 13 lb Pomeranian ate 1 thyroid pill and 1 iodine

Customer Question

I think my 13 lb Pomeranian ate 1 thyroid pill and 1 iodine pill. Nature thyroid. About 20 minutes ago. He seems to be acting fine right now but I don't know what to do. The thyroid pill is 1 grain (65 mg)
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Puff Daddy
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Puff Daddy?
Customer: He is 2 years old and is in great health otherwise
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but I did want to let you know that generally speaking both of these have wide safest margins and are not likely to cause any issue. We can see agitation and restlessness for 24 hours or so with high doses of thyroid medication in dogs but usually we do not even see that. Therefore, we'd just want to monitor here and keep an eye over today for Puff Daddy but wouldn't expect any harm from this.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )