Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

My dog ate a silicone collapsible water dish. The brand on

Customer Question

My dog ate a silicone collapsible water dish. The brand on it is Dexas. He is already at an emergency animal clinic. Is this silicone toxic?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but I did want to let you know that silicone isn't toxic. It is quite inert and its only risk factor in the gut is that large amounts can cause gut blockage. So, we'd not be worried about poisoning from this but he is in the right place if there is a chance he had enough of this to cause an obstruction in the intestines.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )