Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

Is this an emergency? I need to know right away. You took my

Customer Question

Is this an emergency? I need to know right away. You took my charge card and I am waiting.... Is she in danger?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with today. I do apologize that your question was not answered before. Different experts come online at various times; I just came online, read about your wee one’s situation, and wanted to help.

Again I do apologize that my colleagues could not aid you sooner, but I did want to let you know that this thankfully was a very low dose even for a small dog. Generally speaking, this drug can cause GI upset (ie drooling, vomiting) as well as tremors, wobbliness, seizures but only has done so in research study dogs once the dose was more that 30mg per kilogram of a dogs weight. Therefore, this isn't likely to cause severe signs at this small a dose but could possible cause gut upset. Therefore, as long as Lucy is fine now, then we'd not be worried and could offer a light diet (ie rice with boiled chicken, white fish, cottage cheese or scrambled egg). Of course, since she is small and a young lass, any severe vomiting and we'd want to have her vet see her for injectable anti-nausea medication and fluids to flush this out and settle her stomach.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about Lucy. How is everything going?

Dr. B.