Dr. B.
Dr. B., Veterinarian
Experience:  Hello, I am a small animal veterinarian and am happy to discuss any concerns & questions you have on any species.

My dog has been prescribed metacam and tramadol for back

Customer Question

My dog has been prescribed metacam and tramadol for back issues related to disk. I can't remember for the life of me if i can give them together if the tramadol isn't working alone? He just finished taking his medrol one week ago for allergies so i want to make sure i mention that.
His name is romeo
8.8 pounds
7 years 7 months old
Category: Dog Veterinary
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today.

I do apologize that none of my colleagues could aid you before, but I do want to let you know that you can use both drugs at the same time for Romeo. Metacam and Tramadol are safe to use together and if it has been a week since the Medrone was used then we are fine to use the Metacam (since it is those 2 that cannot be used together at the same time). Finally, just to note, while Metacam is only given every 24 hours,if he is very sore then the Tramadol can be given every 8 hours if needed.

Kind regards,

Dr. B.

If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. **Afterwards, I would be grateful if you would rate my service by clicking on the "Rate my Expert' button at the top of the page as this is the only way I am credited for helping you. Thank you for your feedback!: )