DrMelJ
DrMelJ, Veterinarian
Experience:  graduate of the University of MN College of Vet Med
24095035

I am dog sitting my aunts colly and she is on amantadine hcl

Customer Question

HI i am dog sitting my aunts colly and she is on amantadine hcl 100mg x 7.0 1 a day for 7 days over the last few days she has had very loose bowels and is now red sore at her back end! Shes approx 14 years old do i need a vet tonight or can this wait till morning when her vets is open?
Category: Dog Veterinary
Expert:  DrMelJ replied 6 months ago.

Hi there. Thanks for the question. If the collie is eating and drinking ok and not acting depressed....then you can wait til morning. If the dog becomes depressed- unwilling to move around or get up....or will not eat or drink water, then you need to go in immediately. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions.

Expert:  DrMelJ replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

DrMelJ